If you are a Samsung Galaxy S2 owner, you might have used to its full capacity by installing numerous games and apps. Due to the unusual usage of apps, games the device might slow down in its performance. So you might be searching to know How to factory reset Samsung Galaxy S2 and wipe data to get back full performance of your device. Before you continue with galaxy S2 reset, you should know that resetting galaxy S2 deletes all the third party apps, messages, contacts, google data and the data stored on phone memory So, make sure that you create a backup of all your personal data stored on the phone. You can create a backup of your data while resetting phone through settings menu. You can find options like Backup My Data and Auto restore. If you have no idea regarding backuping Android data, follow the steps mentioned below carefully.
Backup Android Data
- Backup Apps, Wanna know how? Check this >> How To Backup Android Apps ?
- Backup SMS Messages, Wanna know how? Make use of SMS Backup & Restore App
- Backup Contacts, Mail data, Google Data, Wanna know how?, Just sync them with Google Sync.
- Backup Call Logs, Wanna know how? Make use of Call Logs Backup & Restore Android App
- Backup phone settings like Access Points, GPRS Settings, Connectivity Settings. Wanna know how? Note them on a paper or something.
If you are sure that you have completed all the steps accurately, get started to reset Samsung Galaxy S2.
How To Factory Reset Samsung Galaxy S2 ?
The factory settings can be restored on Samsung Galaxy S2 by following two methods. One way of resetting can be done from phone’s security settings and the other can be done using Hardware keys.
Disclaimer: This tutorial deletes entire user data on the phone. So, continue at your own risk. We should not be held liable for any losses that occur to your device during tutorial.
Here is a step-by-step guide on how to factory reset Samsung Galaxy S2 using security settings
- Power on your Galaxy S2.
- Navigate to phone Settings.
- Tap Accounts.
- Tap Backup and reset .
- Choose Factory data reset .
- The phone displays a warning, read the warning and if you agree with the warning displayed, tap on Reset device .
- Select Delete all/Erase everything.
You can do the same Factory data reset using hardware keys on the phone. Here is a step-by-step guide to reset galaxy S2 using hardware keys
- Turn off Galaxy S2.
- Press and hold Volume Up+Home+Power buttons.
- Wait until you see the Android logo and release them once it appears.
- Using volume keys to navigate and power button to select, choose wipe data/factory reset
- Using volume down button navigate to delete all user data and choose it
- Press and release the Power button
- Confirm the factory reset
That’s all. The phone reboots after completion of the entire process. It takes few minutes in some cases so do not interrupt the process until the phone reboots successfully.
If you face any problems during the tutorial, feel free to drop your words in the comments section. We will be glad to help you.