Do you own a Samsung Galaxy Ace S5830 ? If you desire to install custom ROMs or root apps, you should root your device first. Rooting your device gives access to you as a superuser and thus you can do more with it. This article is a simple guide to root Samsung Galaxy Ace S5830 and install custom recovery(CWM Recovery).
Before you continue with the tutorial, you should know What does rooting mean? Rooting is nothing but gaining the access to root of the operating software which lets you install custom ROM’s, custom themes and modify the phone’s OS in any possible way.
Initially the manufacturer of the phone will not give permissions to access root. You cannot install all these custom ROM’s or any other custom firmware. So, if you desire to use your phone to its full capacity, you should root it i.e., you should gain the access to root. Rooting has many pros, have many cons though. Rooting voids the manufacturers warranty for the device. Further, it may possibly brick the operating system which makes the device function improperly and in some case it may become useless. So, if it is your own decision to root Samsung Galaxy Ace S5830, go through the prerequisites listed below to safeguard your personal data and operating software.
In the continuation of the article, we will teach you the complete tutorial of rooting and installing CWM Recovery.
Check Model And Firmware
Check your phone’s model number which should be Samsung Galaxy ACE S5830. You can check it by heading over to Settings>>About Device. Make sure that your device is running on Android 2.3 or 2.3+ version Do not attempt this tutorial on any other model.
Samsung USB Drivers
To root Samsung Galaxy Ace S5830, it is to be connected to a PC. For the PC to detect your phone, you should install Samsung USB drivers. If you have already installed them, ignore this message. Else, go through the below link to download Samsung USB Drivers.
Backup Important Data
Good to see you that you are done with installation of USB drivers. We know, it is mandatory to backup important data on phone before we root/install ROMs. If anything goes wrong while rooting, it wipes the entire data. So, backup is recommended while updating an Android phone. If you are not sure about what to backup and how to backup? take a look below:
- Backup Apps, Wanna know how? Check this >> How To Backup Android Apps ?
- Backup SMS Messages, Wanna know how? Make use of SMS Backup & Restore App
- Backup Contacts, Mail data, Google Data, Wanna know how?, Just sync them with Google Sync.
- Backup Call Logs, Wanna know how? Make use of Call Logs Backup & Restore Android App
- Backup phone settings like Access Points, GPRS Settings, Connectivity Settings. Wanna know how? Note them on a paper or something.
Few More Prerequisites
- You have already installed USB drivers on your computer. Even though if your phone fails to detect the PC, make sure that whether you have enabled USB debugging on your Android phone. The path to enable it varies for different versions of Android operating systems like Jelly Bean, Ice Cream Sandwich, Gingerbread.
- Double check your device model before you get started with the installation. If you install non compatible ROM on your phone, it may brick the operating system. So, make sure that your phone model matches with the model we mention in the article. If your phone’s bootloader is locked, you cannot Root/install Custom ROM’s. So, unlock the bootloader before performing tutorial.
- Make sure the phone’s battery is at least 75% full to ensure that it should not run out of battery while installing the ROM.
- Download all the required files listed in the downloads section and keep them in a folder to be handy for you.
If you have completed all the above steps, you can now continue with installation process which is a bit typical. Make sure that complete every step in an orderly manner.
Guide To Root Samsung Galaxy Ace S5830 And Install ClockworkMod Recovery
Things To Remember:
Disclaimer: The Custom ROM’s, Firmware, Software, Applications, Mods and any other tools shared/mentioned in this article belongs to their respective developers. Neither our team nor the developers are responsible to any losses that occur to your device while installation. So, you are suggested to continue with the tutorial at your own risk. Think before you act.
Warning: Make sure that you double check the model name/number we mention in the article. Attempting to install the firmware on any other model may brick the OS.
Rooting Warning: Rooting voids the manufacturer’s warranty for the device. It may possibly brick the operating software of the device. So, make sure that you continue to the tutorial with your own decision.
Step 1: Download the recovery-clockwork-126.96.36.199-galaxyace.zip and universal_gb_root_v25.zip files to your PC from the downloads section.
Step 2: Copy the downloaded files into the phone’s memory card. Make sure that you copy it to the root folder of SD card.
Step 3: Turn off the Galaxy Ace and get into the recovery mode by turning on the phone while pressing and holding Volume UP+Home+Power buttons together.
Step 4: Confirm entering into download mode. You should be able to see a list of options in the stock recovery menu.
Step 5: From the menu that opens up, choose install zip from SD card.
Step 6: Now choose Select zip from SD and select the universal_gb_root_v25.zip file you have copied to the phone’s SD card.
Approve the installation when prompted. That’s all! The phone restarts after the rooting process completes. Follow the same procedure to install custom recovery by selecting recovery-clockwork-188.8.131.52-galaxyace.zip file.
If you face any issues while you root Samsung Galaxy Ace S5830, feel free to mention your words in the comments section. We will be glad to help you.