Good news! Now you can Update Android 4.4.2 Kitkat On Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 N8010. The Samsung has bought official Kitkat firmware for Galaxy note 10.1. The new Kitkat update comes with latest touch interface and few more added features. However, the update is official and so we need doubt of losing warranty of the device. Samsung has pushed the update through Samsung kies and OTA system. If your phone missed the update, you can use the simple tutorial below the update Android 4.4.2 Kitkat manually using ODIN.
So, are you interested in updating your device with 4.4.2 Kitkat? If you are ready with your device, go through the list of prerequisites to safeguard your personal data and phone’s operating system. In the continuation of the article we will teach you the complete process to update Android 4.4.2 on Galaxy Note 10.1 N8010 manually.
Check Phone Model
Check your phone’s model number which should be Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 N8010. You can check it by heading over to Settings>>About Device.
Samsung USB Drivers
The phone is to be connected with a PC to flash the firmware package. For the PC to detect your phone, you should install Samsung USB drivers. If you have already installed them, ignore this message. Else, go through the below link to download Samsung USB Drivers.
Backup Important Data
It is great thing that you are done with installation of USB drivers. We know, it is mandatory to make a backup of important data on phone before we root/install ROMs. It may be an official or unofficial update, if anything goes wrong during installation, it wipes the entire data. So, backup is recommended while updating an Android phone. If you are not sure about what to backup and how to backup? take a look below:
- Backup Apps, Wanna know how? Check this >> How To Backup Android Apps ?
- Backup SMS Messages, Wanna know how? Make use of SMS Backup & Restore App
- Backup Contacts, Mail data, Google Data, Wanna know how?, Just sync them with Google Sync.
- Backup Call Logs, Wanna know how? Make use of Call Logs Backup & Restore Android App
- Backup phone settings like Access Points, GPRS Settings, Connectivity Settings. Wanna know how? Note them on a paper or something.
Few More Prerequisites
- You have already installed USB drivers on your computer. Even though if your phone fails to detect the PC, make sure that whether you have enabled USB debugging on your Android phone. The path to enable it varies for different versions of Android operating systems like Jelly Bean, Ice Cream Sandwich, Gingerbread.
- Double check your device model before you get started with the installation. If you install non compatible ROM on your phone, it may brick the operating system. So, make sure that your phone model matches with the model we mention in the article.
- Make sure the phone’s battery is at least 75% full to ensure that it should not run out of battery while installing the ROM/Firmware.
- Download all the required files listed in the downloads section and keep them in a folder to be handy for you.
If you have completed all the above steps, you can now continue with installation process which is a bit typical. Make sure that complete every step in an orderly manner.
Guide To Update Android 4.4.2 Kitkat On Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 N8010 ?
Things to remember
Disclaimer: The Custom ROM’s, Firmware, Software, Applications, Mods and any other tools shared/mentioned in this article belongs to their respective developers. Neither our team nor the developers are responsible to any losses that occur to your device while installation. So, you are suggested to continue with the tutorial at your own risk. Think before you act.
Warning: Make sure that you double check the model name/number we mention in the article. Attempting to install the firmware on any other model may brick the OS.
Step 1: Download Android 4.4.2 Kitkat XXUDNG1 Package to your PC.
Step 2: Download ODIN V3.09 to your PC.
Step 3: Turn off Galaxy Note 10.1 N8010 and enter the OS download mode by pressing and holding Home+Power+Volume Down Buttons. Press the power button again to confirm entering into download mode.
Step 4: Once the Galaxy Note enters the download mode, launch ODIN on computer and connect the phone to PC using a USB cable. If the connection is successful, you can see one of the ID:COM section turns Yellow/Green.
Step 5: You have to choose the XXUDNG1 firmware files to be flashed on the phone. Follow the below steps to choose them:
Click on AP/PDA and choose the file with word CODE in its name
Click on CP and choose the file with word MODEM in its name
Click on CSC and choose the file with word CSC in its name
Click on PIT and choose .pit file. Ignore this step if you don’t any such file
Note: If you find any of the buttons missing from the ODIN, download older version of odin i.e., ODIN V3.07 from the same source mentioned in the downloads section.
Step 6: In the ODIN interface, make sure you check Auto Reboot and F:Reset options. Also check Re-Partition option if you choose PIT file from the Android Kitkat XXUDNG1 firmware package.
Step 7: Once you are done, click Start button in the ODIN. The ODIN starts flashing the firmware on the Galaxy Note 10.1 which takes some time.
Step 8: After few minutes, the installation completes rebooting the phone. Once the home screen appears, you can unplug the Galaxy Note 10.1 from the USB.
That’s all. Your phone is now running on Android 4.4.2 Kitkat.
To check whether the Android firmware is updated, go to Settings>>About Phone, there you can find the firmware version as Android 4.4.2 Kitkat.
If you face any problems during installation of Android 4.4.2 Kitkat On Galaxy Note 10.1 N8010, feel free to drop your words in the comments section. We will be glad to help you.