Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 P3100 has not yet received any official Kitkat or Lollipop update. It seems Samsung has stopped caring of its old and low end devices. But the users need not worry, CyanogenMod team has come up with custom Android 5.0 Lollipop firmware for Galaxy Tab 2 7.0.
Yes, you can now install Android 5.0 Lollipop on Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 P3100 using CM12 ROM. The ROM is formulated by CyanogenMod developers which guarantees higher performance than stock Android firmware. So, if you are interested in installing Android 5.0 Lollipop firmware in Tab 2 7.0, go through the prerequisites to safeguard your personal data and phone’s operating system.
Check Model And Firmware
Check your phone’s model number which should be Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 P3100. You can check it by heading over to Settings>>About Device. Do not attempt this tutorial on any other model.
Samsung USB Drivers
To install Custom ROM’s on your device, it is to be connected to a PC. For the PC to detect your phone, you should install Samsung USB drivers. If you have already installed them, ignore this message. Else, go through the below link to download Samsung USB Drivers.
Backup Important Data
Good to see you that you are done with installation of USB drivers. We know, it is mandatory to backup important data on phone before we root/install ROMs. It may be an official or unofficial update, if anything goes wrong while installation, it wipes the entire data. So, backup is recommended while updating an Android phone. If you are not sure about what to backup and how to backup? take a look below:
- Backup Apps, Wanna know how? Check this >> How To Backup Android Apps ?
- Backup SMS Messages, Wanna know how? Make use of SMS Backup & Restore App
- Backup Contacts, Mail data, Google Data, Wanna know how?, Just sync them with Google Sync.
- Backup Call Logs, Wanna know how? Make use of Call Logs Backup & Restore Android App
- Backup phone settings like Access Points, GPRS Settings, Connectivity Settings. Wanna know how? Note them on a paper or something.
Few More Prerequisites
- You have already installed USB drivers on your computer. Even though if your phone fails to detect the PC, make sure that whether you have enabled USB debugging on your Android phone. The path to enable it varies for different versions of Android operating systems like Jelly Bean, Ice Cream Sandwich, Gingerbread.
- Double check your device model before you get started with the installation. If you install non compatible ROM on your phone, it may brick the operating system. So, make sure that your phone model matches with the model we mention in the article. If your device is restricted to a network, make sure that your phone’s bootloader is unlocked. If bootloader is locked you cannot root or install custom firmware on any device. Do not attempt this tutorial on locked devices. It may brick the operating system.
- Make sure the phone’s battery is at least 75% full to ensure that it should not run out of battery while installing the ROM.
- Download all the required files listed in the downloads section and keep them in a folder to be handy for you.
If you have completed all the above steps, you can now continue with installation process which is a bit typical. Make sure that complete every step in an orderly manner.
Guide To Install Android 5.0 Lollipop On Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 P3100
Things To Remember:
Disclaimer: The Custom ROM’s, Firmware, Software, Applications, Mods and any other tools shared/mentioned in this article belongs to their respective developers. Neither our team nor the developers are responsible to any losses that occur to your device while installation. So, you are suggested to continue with the tutorial at your own risk. Think before you act.
Warning: Make sure that you double check the model name/number we mention in the article. Attempting to install the firmware on any other model may brick the OS.
Rooting Warning: Rooting voids the manufacturer’s warranty for the device. It may possibly brick the operating software of the device. So, make sure that you continue to the tutorial with your own decision.
To install custom ROM on Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 P3100, it is to be rooted and custom recovery installed. You can do this by following the guide mentioned below:
After the completion of the rooting process, install ClockworkMod Recovery on the device and continue with the Android Lollipop installation process.
Step 1: Download Android 5.0 Lollipop CM12 ROM package and Google Apps from the downloads section to your PC.
Step 2: Connect your Galaxy Tab 2 P3100 to PC via USB cable and transfer the Android 5.0 Lollipop CM12 ROM package and Google Apps package into the SD card of the phone. Make sure that you copy it to the root folder of SD card.
Step 3: Now enter the recovery mode on the Galaxy Tab 2 by following the below steps:
- Turn off the device and wait until the display goes off.
- Press and hold together Volume Up+Home+Power buttons.
Step 4: Once the phone enters the Recovery mode, it displays a list of installation and data wiping options. Among them choose wipe data/factory reset. You should use power button to choose and volume buttons to navigate in recovery mode.
Step 5: Perform a complete cache wipe on your Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 by choosing wipe cache partition.
Step 6: Its time to enter the advanced options of ClockWorkMod recovery. Select the advanced options and choose wipe dalvik cache.
Step 7: Once you complete all the above steps successfully, you can continue with the installation. Choose +++++Go Back+++++ and select install zip from SD card.
Step 8: Now select choose zip from SD card and using volume buttons for navigation and power button to select, choose the previously copied Android 5.0 Lollipop installation package from SD card.
Step 9: Confirm the installation on the next screen and it starts flashing the firmware on your Galaxy Tab 2 7.0.
Step 10: The process of installation takes some time. After the ROM installation completes, Follow the above last three steps to install Google apps package on the device. After installation completes, select +++++Go Back+++++ and reboot the device by selecting “reboot system now” from the recovery menu. The device takes sometime for the first time reboot.
That’s all! You’ve successfully installed CyanogenMod’s Android 5.0 Lollipop firmware on Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 p3100. To check whether the Android firmware is updated, go to Settings>>About Phone, there you can find the firmware version as Android 5.0 Lollipop.