Are you an user of Samsung Galaxy Grand? You can now flash ClockworkMod recovery on Galaxy Grand I9082 by following this simple guide. Before you get into the tutorial, you should know what’s the use of ClockworkMod recovery. ClockworkMod is a custom recovery available for Android phones which lets you make a backup, install custom firmware and perform few other actions which cannot be performed on stock recovery. Usually, the ClockworkMod recovery can be installed on Samsung Galaxy Grand only if it is rooted. But, if we flash it using the ODIN, the device need not be rooted. So, if you are interested to install ClockworkMod recovery on Samsung Galaxy Grand I9082, go through the list of prerequisites listed below to safeguard your personal data and phone’s operating system.
Check Model And Firmware
Check your phone’s model number which should be Samsung Galaxy Grand I9082 running Android 4.2/4.1 JellyBean. You can check it by heading over to Settings>>About Device.
Samsung USB Drivers
To install ClockworkMod recovery on Samsung Galaxy Grand I9082, it is to be connected to a PC. For the PC to detect your phone, you should install Samsung USB drivers. If you have already installed them, ignore this message. Else, go through the below link to download Samsung USB Drivers.
Backup Important Data
Good to see you that you are done with installation of USB drivers. We know, it is mandatory to backup important data on phone before we root/install ROMs. If anything goes wrong while rooting, it wipes the entire data. So, backup is recommended while updating an Android phone. If you are not sure about what to backup and how to backup? take a look below:
- Backup Apps, Wanna know how? Check this >> How To Backup Android Apps ?
- Backup SMS Messages, Wanna know how? Make use of SMS Backup & Restore App
- Backup Contacts, Mail data, Google Data, Wanna know how?, Just sync them with Google Sync.
- Backup Call Logs, Wanna know how? Make use of Call Logs Backup & Restore Android App
- Backup phone settings like Access Points, GPRS Settings, Connectivity Settings. Wanna know how? Note them on a paper or something.
Few More Prerequisites
- You have already installed USB drivers on your computer. Even though if your phone fails to detect the PC, make sure that whether you have enabled USB debugging on your Android phone. The path to enable it varies for different versions of Android operating systems like Jelly Bean, Ice Cream Sandwich, Gingerbread.
- Double check your device model before you get started with the installation. If you install non compatible ROM on your phone, it may brick the operating system. So, make sure that your phone model matches with the model we mention in the article. If your phone’s bootloader is locked, you cannot Root/install Custom ROM’s. So, unlock the bootloader before performing tutorial. Do not attempt this tutorial on locked devices.
- Make sure the phone’s battery is at least 75% full to ensure that it should not run out of battery while installing the ROM.
- Download all the required files listed in the downloads section and keep them in a folder to be handy for you.
If you have completed all the above steps, you can now continue with installation process which is a bit typical. Make sure that complete every step in an orderly manner.
Guide To Install ClockworkMod Recovery On Samsung Galaxy Grand I9082
Things To Remember:
Disclaimer: The Custom ROM’s, Firmware, Software, Applications, Mods and any other tools shared/mentioned in this article belongs to their respective developers. Neither our team nor the developers are responsible to any losses that occur to your device while installation. So, you are suggested to continue with the tutorial at your own risk. Think before you act.
Warning: Make sure that you double check the model name/number we mention in the article. Attempting to install the firmware on any other model may brick the OS. Rooting Warning: Rooting voids the manufacturer’s warranty for the device. It may possibly brick the operating software of the device. So, make sure that you continue to the tutorial with your own decision.
Step 1: Download the CWM-touch_i9082_chotu.tar.zip package from the downloads section to your PC and unzip the files.
Step 2: Download ODIN v3.09 from the downloads section to your PC and unzip the files.
Step 3: Turn off the device and enter the download mode by pressing and holding Volume Down+Home+Power buttons together until you see the Android logo.
Step 4: Press the Power button to confirm entering into the download mode. Now Launch the previously downloaded ODIN v3.09 on PC.
Step 5: Connect the Samsung Galaxy Grand I9082 to your PC while it is in download mode. Step 6: If the connection is successful, the leftmost box of the ODIN turns yellow with ID:COM and port number in it. Now its time to flash the Recovery package on the phone. Follow this simple step to do it:
Click on PDA in ODIN and choose the CWM-touch_i9082_chotu.tar.md5 file from the previously unzipped files.
Step 7: Make sure that you check Auto-Reboot and F.Reset Time options in the ODIN and click Start button. It starts flashing the Auto Root package on the phone.
Step 8: It takes some time for installation and if it is successful, the ID:COM box turns green and the phone reboots automatically. Once the phone reboots, disconnect it from the PC.
That’s all. You’ve successfully installed ClockworkMod recovery on Samsung Galaxy grand I9082 using ODIN. To boot into the custom recovery mode follow the below steps:
- Turn off the device and wait until the display goes off.
- Press and hold together Volume Up+Home+Power buttons.
If you face any issues while you install ClockworkMod recovery on Samsung Galaxy Grand I9082 using ODIN, feel free to mention your words in the comments section. We will be glad to help you.