This article will teach you How To Install ClockworkMod recovery on Samsung Galaxy S Duos S7562. ClockworkMod is a custom recovery available for Android phones which allows us to install custom ROM’s, backup data and few other complexive actions which cannot be done on stock recovery mode. So, if you wish to install custom ROM’s on your Galaxy S Duos, you should install the ClockworkMod recovery first.
Usually, the CWM recovery gets installed automatically on your phone with the root package. Even you can install CWM recovery without rooting your device if you flash it using ODIN. So are you ready with your device? Get into the tutorial below after going through the list of prerequisites to safeguard your personal data and phone’s operating system.
Samsung USB Drivers
To install ClockworkMod recovery on samsung galaxy s duos S7562, it is to be connected to a PC. For the PC to detect your phone, you should install Samsung USB drivers. If you have already installed them, ignore this message. Else, go through the below link to download Samsung USB Drivers.
Backup Important Data
Good to see you that you are done with installation of USB drivers. We know, it is mandatory to backup important data on phone before we root/install ROMs. If anything goes wrong while rooting, it wipes the entire data. So, backup is recommended while updating an Android phone. If you are not sure about what to backup and how to backup? take a look below:
- Backup Apps, Wanna know how? Check this >> How To Backup Android Apps ?
- Backup SMS Messages, Wanna know how? Make use of SMS Backup & Restore App
- Backup Contacts, Mail data, Google Data, Wanna know how?, Just sync them with Google Sync.
- Backup Call Logs, Wanna know how? Make use of Call Logs Backup & Restore Android App
- Backup phone settings like Access Points, GPRS Settings, Connectivity Settings. Wanna know how? Note them on a paper or something.
Few More Prerequisites
- You have already installed USB drivers on your computer. Even though if your phone fails to detect the PC, make sure that whether you have enabled USB debugging on your Android phone. The path to enable it varies for different versions of Android operating systems like Jelly Bean, Ice Cream Sandwich, Gingerbread.
- Double check your device model before you get started with the installation. If you install non compatible ROM on your phone, it may brick the operating system. So, make sure that your phone model matches with the model we mention in the article.
- Make sure the phone’s battery is at least 75% full to ensure that it should not run out of battery while installing the ROM.
- Download all the required files listed in the downloads section and keep them in a folder to be handy for you.
If you have completed all the above steps, you can now continue with installation process which is a bit typical. Make sure that complete every step in an orderly manner.
Simple Guide To Install ClockworkMod Recovery On Samsung Galaxy S Duos S7562
Disclaimer: The Custom ROM’s, Firmware, Software, Applications, Mods and any other tools shared/mentioned in this article belongs to their respective developers. Neither our team nor the developers are responsible to any losses that occur to your device while installation. So, you are suggested to continue with the tutorial at your own risk. Think before you act.
Warning: Make sure that you double check the model name/number we mention in the article. Attempting to install the firmware on any other model may brick the OS.
Step 1: Download recovery.tar file from the downloads section to your PC.
Step 2: Download the ODIN v3.07 from the downloads section to your PC.
Step 3: Turn off the device and enter the download mode by pressing and holding Volume Down+Home+Power buttons together and press the Power button again to confirm the download mode.
Step 4: Launch ODIN on your PC and connect the phone to it using a USB cable in download mode.
Step 5: If the connection is successful, you can see a yellow highlighted box with ID:COM and a port number. Now click on PDA in ODIN interface and choose the previously downloaded Recovery.rar package.
Step 6: Make sure that you check Auto-reboot and F.reset time options in the ODIN.
Step 7: Now click on the Start button of the ODIN which starts flashing the package on the phone.
Step 8: Once the installation completes the phone reboots automatically and you can disconnect the phone after seeing the welcome screen.
That’s all! You have successfully installed ClockworkMod recovery on Samsung Galaxy S Duos S7562. You can now enter custom recovery mode on your phone and install custom ROM’s, backup your device and do few other actions which cannot be done on stock recovery.
If you face any issues during the tutorial, feel free to mention your words in the comments section. We will be glad to help you.