If you have updated latest Android 4.2.2 JellyBean on Samsung Galaxy Grand I9082, you can root it now. Rooting lets you install custom ROM’s, root apps, custom themes and get most out of our device.
Before you continue with the tutorial, you should know What does rooting mean? Rooting is nothing but gaining the access to root of the operating software which lets you install custom ROM’s, custom themes and modify the phone’s OS in any possible way.
Initially the manufacturer of the phone will not give permissions to access root. You cannot install all these custom ROM’s or any other custom firmware. So, if you desire to use your phone to its full capacity, you should root it i.e., you should gain the access to root. Rooting has many pros, have many cons though. Rooting voids the manufacturers warranty for the device. Further, it may possibly brick the operating system which makes the device function improperly and in some case it may become useless. So, if it is your own decision to root Samsung Galaxy Grand I9082, go through the prerequisites listed below to safeguard your personal data and operating software.
Check Model And Firmware
Check your phone’s model number which should be Samsung Galaxy Grand I9082 running Android 4.2.2/4.1.1 JellyBean. You can check it by heading over to Settings>>About Device.
Samsung USB Drivers
To root Samsung Galaxy Grand I9082, it is to be connected to a PC. For the PC to detect your phone, you should install Samsung USB drivers. If you have already installed them, ignore this message. Else, go through the below link to download Samsung USB Drivers.
Backup Important Data
Good to see you that you are done with installation of USB drivers. We know, it is mandatory to backup important data on phone before we root/install ROMs. If anything goes wrong while rooting, it wipes the entire data. So, backup is recommended while updating an Android phone. If you are not sure about what to backup and how to backup? take a look below:
- Backup Apps, Wanna know how? Check this >> How To Backup Android Apps ?
- Backup SMS Messages, Wanna know how? Make use of SMS Backup & Restore App
- Backup Contacts, Mail data, Google Data, Wanna know how?, Just sync them with Google Sync.
- Backup Call Logs, Wanna know how? Make use of Call Logs Backup & Restore Android App
- Backup phone settings like Access Points, GPRS Settings, Connectivity Settings. Wanna know how? Note them on a paper or something.
Few More Prerequisites
- You have already installed USB drivers on your computer. Even though if your phone fails to detect the PC, make sure that whether you have enabled USB debugging on your Android phone. The path to enable it varies for different versions of Android operating systems like Jelly Bean, Ice Cream Sandwich, Gingerbread.
- Double check your device model before you get started with the installation. If you install non compatible ROM on your phone, it may brick the operating system. So, make sure that your phone model matches with the model we mention in the article. If your phone’s bootloader is locked, you cannot Root/install Custom ROM’s. So, unlock the bootloader before performing tutorial. Do not attempt this tutorial on locked devices.
- Make sure the phone’s battery is at least 75% full to ensure that it should not run out of battery while installing the ROM.
- Download all the required files listed in the downloads section and keep them in a folder to be handy for you.
If you have completed all the above steps, you can now continue with installation process which is a bit typical. Make sure that complete every step in an orderly manner.
Guide To Root Samsung Galaxy Grand I9082 On Android 4.2.2 JellyBean
Things To Remember:
Disclaimer: The Custom ROM’s, Firmware, Software, Applications, Mods and any other tools shared/mentioned in this article belongs to their respective developers. Neither our team nor the developers are responsible to any losses that occur to your device while installation. So, you are suggested to continue with the tutorial at your own risk. Think before you act.
Warning: Make sure that you double check the model name/number we mention in the article. Attempting to install the firmware on any other model may brick the OS.
Rooting Warning: Rooting voids the manufacturer’s warranty for the device. It may possibly brick the operating software of the device. So, make sure that you continue to the tutorial with your own decision.
To root Samsung Galaxy Grand i.e., to flash the UPDATE-SuperSU-v1.25.zip file, the device should have installed ClockworkMod recovery in it. You can follow the simple guide below to do this:
Once the installation completes, you can now flash the SuperSu file on the device by following the simple steps below.
Step 1: Download the UPDATE-SuperSU-v1.25.zip file from the downloads section to your PC.
Step 2: Connect your Samsung Galaxy Grand I9082 to the PC via USB cable and transfer the UPDATE-SuperSU-v1.25.zip file into the memory card of the phone. Make sure that you transfer it to the root of the memory card.
Step 3: Now enter the recovery mode on the Galaxy Grand by following the below steps:
- Turn off the device and wait until the display goes off.
- Press and hold together Volume Up+Home+Power buttons.
Step 4: If you wish to clear entire cache and reset your device, continue with this step. Else skip to the Step 7. Once the phone enters the Recovery mode, it displays a list of installation and data wiping options. Among them choose wipe data/factory reset. You should use power button to choose and volume buttons to navigate in recovery mode.
Step 5: Perform a complete cache wipe on your Samsung Galaxy Grand by choosing wipe cache partition.
Step 6: Its time to enter the advanced options of ClockworkMod recovery. Select the advanced options and choose wipe dalvik cache.
Step 7: Once you complete all the above steps successfully, you can continue with the installation. Choose +++++Go Back+++++ and select install zip from SD card.
Step 8: Now select choose zip from SD card and using volume buttons for navigation and power button to select, choose the previously copied Supersu.zip installation package from SD card.
Step 9: Confirm the installation on the next screen and it starts flashing the root package on your Galaxy Grand.
Step 10: The process of installation takes some time. After the installation completes, select +++++Go Back+++++ and reboot the device by selecting “reboot system now” from the recovery menu. The device takes sometime for the first time reboot.
That’s all! You have successfully rooted Samsung Galaxy Grand I9082 on official Android 4.2/4.1 JellyBean. To check whether your device is rooted or not, install the Root Checker app from Google Play Store.
If you face any issues while you root Samsung Galaxy Grand I9082, feel free to mention your words in the comments section. We will be glad to help you.