This article will teach you How to root Samsung Galaxy S Duos S7562 on Android 4.0.4 ICS. If you are a owner of Galaxy S Duos S7562 which is running on Android Ice cream Sandwich 4.0.4, you can gain root access using this simple guide. Before you continue with the tutorial, you should know What does rooting mean? Rooting is nothing but gaining the access to root of the operating software which lets you install custom ROM’s, custom themes and modify the phone’s OS in any possible way.
Initially the manufacturer of the phone will not give permissions to access root. You cannot install all these custom ROM’s or any other custom firmware. So, if you desire to use your phone to its full capacity, you should root it i.e., you should gain the access to root. Rooting has many pros, have many cons though. Rooting voids the manufacturers warranty for the device. Further, it may possibly brick the operating system which makes the device function improperly and in some case it may become useless. So, if it is your own decision to root Samsung Galaxy S Duos, go through the prerequisites listed below to safeguard your personal data and operating software.
Samsung USB Drivers
To root Samsung Galaxy S Duos, it is to be connected to a PC. For the PC to detect your phone, you should install Samsung USB drivers. If you have already installed them, ignore this message. Else, go through the below link to download Samsung USB Drivers.
Backup Important Data
Good to see you that you are done with installation of USB drivers. We know, it is mandatory to backup important data on phone before we root/install ROMs. If anything goes wrong while rooting, it wipes the entire data. So, backup is recommended while updating an Android phone. If you are not sure about what to backup and how to backup? take a look below:
- Backup Apps, Wanna know how? Check this >> How To Backup Android Apps ?
- Backup SMS Messages, Wanna know how? Make use of SMS Backup & Restore App
- Backup Contacts, Mail data, Google Data, Wanna know how?, Just sync them with Google Sync.
- Backup Call Logs, Wanna know how? Make use of Call Logs Backup & Restore Android App
- Backup phone settings like Access Points, GPRS Settings, Connectivity Settings. Wanna know how? Note them on a paper or something.
Few More Prerequisites
- You have already installed USB drivers on your computer. Even though if your phone fails to detect the PC, make sure that whether you have enabled USB debugging on your Android phone. The path to enable it varies for different versions of Android operating systems like Jelly Bean, Ice Cream Sandwich, Gingerbread.
- Double check your device model before you get started with the installation. If you install non compatible ROM on your phone, it may brick the operating system. So, make sure that your phone model matches with the model we mention in the article.
- Make sure the phone’s battery is at least 75% full to ensure that it should not run out of battery while installing the ROM.
- Download all the required files listed in the downloads section and keep them in a folder to be handy for you.
If you have completed all the above steps, you can now continue with installation process which is a bit typical. Make sure that complete every step in an orderly manner.
[do_widget “Ad Injection”]
How To Root Samsung Galaxy S Duos S7562 On Android ICS ?
Things To Remember:
Disclaimer: The Custom ROM’s, Firmware, Software, Applications, Mods and any other tools shared/mentioned in this article belongs to their respective developers. Neither our team nor the developers are responsible to any losses that occur to your device while installation. So, you are suggested to continue with the tutorial at your own risk. Think before you act.
Warning: Make sure that you double check the model name/number we mention in the article. Attempting to install the firmware on any other model may brick the OS.
Rooting Warning: Rooting voids the manufacturer’s warranty for the device. It may possibly brick the operating software of the device. So, make sure that you continue to the tutorial with your own decision.
Step 1: Before you root the device, you should install ClockworkMod recovery on the phone which lets you flash the root package. Here is a simple guide to install ClockworkMod recovery on Samsung Galaxy S Duos S7562.
Step 2: After you complete the above step you can get into the rooting tutorial. Download the CWM-SuperSU-v0.96.zip package from the downloads section to your PC.
Step 3: Connect Galaxy S Duos to the PC and transfer the CWM-SuperSU-v0.96.zip into the SD card of your phone. Make sure that you copy it to the root folder of SD card.
Step 4: Disconnect the phone from PC and turn off the device.
Step 5: As you previously installed ClockworkMod recovery app, you can enter CWM recovery mode on the phone by pressing and holding Volume Up+Home+Power buttons.
Step 6: From the recovery menu choose Install Zip from SD card. Use power buttons to select and volume buttons to navigate.
Step 7: Now select Choose zip from SD card.
Step 8: Use volume keys to find the CWM-SuperSU-v0.96.zip package from the SD card.
Step 9: Confirm the installation in the next screen. It starts flashing the package on the phone which takes some time.
Step 10: After completion of installation select +++++Go back++++++ and reboot the phone by selecting Reboot system now. The phone takes a longer time to reboot for the first time after rooting. Once the phone starts, you can find the Superuser app in the list of installed apps. Grant the permission to the Superuser app when you launch it for the first time.
That’s all! You have successfully rooted Samsung Galaxy S Duos S7562 running on Android 4.0.4 ICS.You can verify whether the phone is rooted by installing free Root Checker app from Google Play Store.
If you face any issues during the tutorial, feel free to mention your words in the comments section. We will be glad to help you.