Samsung has officially released Android 4.4.2 Kitkat update for Galaxy S4 I9505 recently. But the Android 4.4.4 Kitkat update is not yet released neither the release date is known. Meanwhile, why not try out some custom Android 4.4.4 Kitkat firmware?
Yes, you can now update Android 4.4.4 Kitkat on Samsung Galaxy S4 I9505 through CyanHacker custom firmware. CyanHacker is a Android Open Source Project ROM which is based on LiquidSmooth. The CyanHacker ROM’s are best known for fully equipped features and fast performance. So, you need not doubt of the ROM’s performance.
If you are interested to update Android 4.4.4 Kitkat on Samsung Galaxy S4 I9505, go through the list of prerequisites to safeguard your personal data and phone’s operating system. In the continuation of the article we will teach you the complete installation tutorial.
Check Your Device Model Number
Check your handset’s model number which should be Samsung Galaxy S4 I9505 LTE. You can check this by heading over to Settings>>About Device. If your model number doesn’t match, do not attempt this tutorial.
Samsung USB Drivers
To transfer the installation packages, device need to be connected to PC. For the PC, to detect the Samsung device, it should be installed with Samsung USB Drivers. If you have already installed them, continue with the next step, else download drivers from the below source.
Backup Important Data
Before you install custom or stock firmware on a device, the data backup is very crucial. The firmware flashing process may wipe entire data on the phone. Often the installation process may stuck without completion. In such cases, the backup data can be restored to get back the old stuff on the phone. If you are familiar with backup methods, do it by yourself. Else consider simple steps listed below to safeguard your personal data:
- Backup Apps, Wanna know how? Check this >> How To Backup Android Apps ?
- Backup SMS Messages, Wanna know how? Make use of SMS Backup & Restore App
- Backup Contacts, Mail data, Google Data, Wanna know how?, Just sync them with Google Sync.
- Backup Call Logs, Wanna know how? Make use of Call Logs Backup & Restore Android App
- Backup phone settings like Access Points, GPRS Settings, Connectivity Settings. Wanna know how? Note them on a paper or something.
Look After These Prerequisites
- The Samsung USB drivers has been installed on your device. But, the PC failed to detect the phone. What to do? No worries. You might have forgotten to enable USB Debugging on the device. The USB debugging can be enabled on the settings pane of the device. The path to enable or disable USB debugging varies for different versions of Android operating systems like GingerBread, JellyBean, Kitkat, Lollipop.
- Double check your device model number. Installing any non-compatible firmware on any device may brick the operating system. So, make sure the model number matches the one we mentioned.
- We cannot root or install custom ROM’s on a device if it is restricted to a network. If the device bootloader is locked, make sure that you unlock it before attempting to root or installing custom ROM. Do not attempt this tutorial on locked devices. It may brick the operating system.
- The phone’s battery should be at least 70% full to ensure that it should run out while rooting or installation process.
- Download all the required installation files from the downloads section and place them in a folder handy for you.
If you have completed all the above listed steps, you can continue with the installation process which is a bit typical. Read twice and follow every step in an orderly manner.
Guide To Update Android 4.4.4 Kitkat On Samsung Galaxy S4 I9505 Via CyanHacker ROM
Things To Remember:
Disclaimer: The Custom ROM’s, Firmware, Software, Applications, Mods and any other tools shared/mentioned in this article belongs to their respective developers. Neither our team nor the developers are responsible to any losses that occur to your device while installation. So, you are suggested to continue with the tutorial at your own risk. Think before you act.
Warning: Make sure that you double check the model name/number we mention in the article. Attempting to install the firmware on any other model may brick the OS.
Rooting Warning: Rooting voids the manufacturer’s warranty for the device. It may possibly brick the operating software of the device. So, make sure that you continue to the tutorial with your own decision.
To install custom firmware on Galaxy S4 I9505 LTE, it is to be installed with custom recovery(CWM recovery). If you have already installed it, continue with the installation tutorial. Else go through the below source to install custom recovery.
Once the process is completed successfully, get started with the Kitkat installation tutorial.
Step 1: Download the CyanHacker Android 4.4.4 Kitkat ROM and Google Apps package from the downloads section to your computer.
Step 2: Connect the Galaxy S4 I9505 to the PC via USB cable and transfer the installation packages into the SD card of the phone. Make sure that you copy it to the root folder of the SD card.
Step 3: Now enter the recovery mode on the Galaxy S4 by following the below steps:
- Turn off the device and wait until the display goes off.
- Press and hold together Volume Up+Home+Power buttons.
Step 4: The custom recovery is unlike stock recovery. It comes with numerous options for installation, wiping data, data backup and many more. Among the available options, choose wipe data/factory reset to clear the entire data on the phone. You can use volume buttons to navigate and power button to choose in recovery mode.
Step 5: Now perform a complete cache wipe on Galaxy Ace by choosing wipe cache partition.
Step 6: After you complete the above steps, enter the advanced options of ClockworkMod recovery. Among them choose wipe dalvik cache.
Step 7: Its time to flash the Kitkat installation package on the phone. In the recovery mode, Choose +++++Go Back+++++ and select install zip from SD card.
Step 8: Select Choose Zip from SD card and navigate to the previously copied CyanHacker Android 4.4.4 Kitkat ROM package. As said earlier, use Volume buttons to navigate and power button to select.
Step 9: Once you choose the installation package, confirm the installation on the next screen. It starts flashing the firmware on the device.
Step 10: The flashing process takes some time. Once the firmware installs successfully, follow the step 7,8,9 once again to install the Google apps package copied previously to the SD card.
After the installation completes, select +++++Go Back+++++ and reboot the device by selecting “reboot system now” from the recovery menu. The device takes some time for the first time reboot after the new firmware installation.
That’s all! You’ve successfully installed CyanHacker’s Android 4.4.4 Kitkat firmware on Samsung Galaxy S4 I9505 LTE. To check whether the Android firmware is updated, go to Settings>>About Phone, there you can find the firmware version as Android Kitkat 4.4.4.
If you face any problems while you install Android 4.4.4 Kitkat on Samsung Galaxy S4 I9505 LTE, feel free to drop your words in the comments section. We will be glad to help you.