Great news! Android 4.4.2 Kitkat is now available for Samsung Galaxy Ace 2 I8160. Even didn’t cared of releasing an official Kitkat update for Galaxy Ace 2, the CyanogenMod developers has come up with custom Kitkat firmware. The ROM would add many new and interesting features to the phone. If you are interested in installing Android Kitkat on Galaxy Ace 2, go through the simple and flawless installation guide provided below.
Before you get into the installation step go through the prerequisites to safeguard your device data and operating system. In the continuation of the article we will guide you with the complete installation process of Android 4.4.2 Kitkat.
Samsung USB Drivers
The phone is to be connected with a PC. For the PC to detect your phone, you should install Samsung USB drivers. If you have already installed them on your PC ignore this message. Else, go through the below link to download Samsung USB Drivers.
Backup Important Data
It is great thing that you are done with installation of USB drivers. We know, it is mandatory to make a backup of important data on phone before we root/install ROMs. It may be an official or unofficial update, if anything goes wrong during installation, it wipes off the entire data. So, backup is recommended while updating an Android phone. If you are not sure about what to backup and how to backup? take a look below:
- Backup Apps, Wanna know how? Check this >> How To Backup Android Apps ?
- Backup SMS Messages, Wanna know how? Make use of SMS Backup & Restore App
- Backup Contacts, Mail data, Google Data, Wanna know how?, Just sync them with Google Sync.
- Backup Call Logs, Wanna know how? Make use of Call Logs Backup & Restore Android App
- Backup phone settings like Access Points, GPRS Settings, Connectivity Settings. Wanna know how? Note them on a paper or anything else.
Few More Prerequisites
- You have already installed USB drivers on your computer. Even though if your phone fails to detect the PC, make sure that whether you have enabled USB debugging on your Android phone. The path to enable it varies for different versions of Android operating systems like Jelly Bean, Ice Cream Sandwich, Gingerbread.
- Double check your device model before you get started with the installation. If you install uncompatible ROM on your phone, it may brick the phone’s operating system. So, make sure that your phone model matches with the model we mention in the article. If your phone’s bootloader is locked, you cannot Root/install Custom ROM’s. So, unlock the bootloader before performing tutorial.
- Make sure the phone’s battery is at least 75% full to ensure that it should not run out of battery while installing the ROM.
- Download all the required files listed in the downloads section and keep them in a folder to be handy for you.
If you have completed all the above steps, you can now continue with installation process which is a bit typical. Make sure that complete every step in an orderly manner.
Guide To Update Samsung Galaxy Ace 2 I8160 With Android 4.4.2 Kitkat Custom Firmware?
Things To Remember
Disclaimer: The Custom ROM’s, Firmware, Software, Applications, Mods and any other tools shared/mentioned in this article belongs to their respective developers. Neither our team nor the developers are responsible to any losses that occur to your device while installation. So, you are suggested to continue with the tutorial at your own risk. Think before you act.
Warning: Make sure that you double check the model name/number we mention in the article. Attempting to install the firmware on any other model may brick the OS.
Rooting Warning: Rooting voids the manufacturer’s warranty for the device. It may possibly brick the operating software of the device. So, make sure that you continue to the tutorial with your own decision.
To install Custom ROM’s on Ace 2, the device is to be rooted and possess custom recovery like ClockWorkMod recovery. Consider using the Google to find a tutorial on rooting and CWM recovery installation.
Step 1: Download Android 4.4.2 Kitkat ROM package from the downloads section to you PC.
Step 2: Download Google apps package to your PC from the downloads section.
Step 3: Connect the Samsung Galaxy Ace 2 to the PC using USB cable and transfer both the packages into the SD card of phone. Make sure that you copy them to the root folder of SD card.
Step 4: Disconnect the phone from the PC and turn off the device.
Step 5: Now get into the recovery mode by following the process below
Power on the device while pressing and holding Home+Power+Volume Up Buttons together
Step 6: Once the phone enters the Recovery mode, you can find a list of installation and data wipe options. Among them choose wipe data/factory reset. You can use power button to choose and volume buttons to navigate in recovery mode.
Step 7: Perform a complete cache wipe on your Galaxy Ace 2 by choosing wipe cache partition.
Step 8: Its time to enter the advanced options of ClockWorkMod recovery. Select the advanced options and choose wipe dalvik cache.
Step 9: Once you complete all the above steps successfully, you can continue with the installation. Choose +++++Go Back+++++ and choose install zip from SD card.
Step 10: Now select choose zip from SD card and using volume buttons for navigation and power button to select, choose the Android 4.4.2 installation package from SD card.
Step 11: Confirm the installation on the next screen which starts flashing the ROM on your device.
Step 12: Follow the same steps of installation for installing the Google apps package.
Step 13: Once the installation completes, select +++++Go Back+++++ and reboot the device by selecting reboot system now from the recovery menu.
The device takes few minutes for the first time reboot. Once the welcome screen appears, it says the installation is successful. That’s all! You have successfully updated Galaxy ace 2 to Android 4.4.2 Kitkat operating system.
To check whether the Android firmware is updated, go to Settings>>About Phone, you can find the firmware version as Android Kitkat 4.4.2.
If you face any problems while updating Samsung Galaxy Ace 2 I8160 with Android 4.4.2 Kitkat, feel free to drop your words in the comments section. We will be glad to help you.