The official Android 4.4.3 Kitkat is not yet available for Galaxy Note N7000. But, it is made possible by custom ROM developers. Now you can Update Samsung Galaxy Note N7000 to Android 4.4.3 Kitkat using custom ROM. The Kitkat 4.4.3 ROMs are already available for Nexus family and its time for Samsung. Usually, the custom ROM’s contains some bugs and glitches. But this version of ROM for Galaxy Note N7000 is said to be a bit smoother and stable compared to other ones.
So, are you ready with your device? Before you enter the tutorial, go through the list of prerequisites to safeguard your personal data and phone’s operating system.
Samsung USB Drivers
To install Custom ROM’s on your device, it is to be connected to a PC. For the PC to detect your phone, you should install Samsung USB drivers. If you have already installed them, ignore this message. Else, go through the below link to download Samsung USB Drivers.
Backup Important Data
Good to see you that you are done with installation of USB drivers. We know, it is mandatory to backup important data on phone before we root/install ROMs. It may be an official or unofficial update, if anything goes wrong while installation, it wipes the entire data. So, backup is recommended while updating an Android phone. If you are not sure about what to backup and how to backup? take a look below:
- Backup Apps, Wanna know how? Check this >> How To Backup Android Apps ?
- Backup SMS Messages, Wanna know how? Make use of SMS Backup & Restore App
- Backup Contacts, Mail data, Google Data, Wanna know how?, Just sync them with Google Sync.
- Backup Call Logs, Wanna know how? Make use of Call Logs Backup & Restore Android App
- Backup phone settings like Access Points, GPRS Settings, Connectivity Settings. Wanna know how? Note them on a paper or something.
Few More Prerequisites
- You have already installed USB drivers on your computer. Even though if your phone fails to detect the PC, make sure that whether you have enabled USB debugging on your Android phone. The path to enable it varies for different versions of Android operating systems like Jelly Bean, Ice Cream Sandwich, Gingerbread.
- Double check your device model before you get started with the installation. If you install non compatible ROM on your phone, it may brick the operating system. So, make sure that your phone model matches with the model we mention in the article.
- Make sure the phone’s battery is at least 75% full to ensure that it should not run out of battery while installing the ROM.
- Download all the required files listed in the downloads section and keep them in a folder to be handy for you.
If you have completed all the above steps, you can now continue with installation process which is a bit typical. Make sure that complete every step in an orderly manner.
How To Update Samsung Galaxy Note N7000 To Android 4.4.3 Kitkat ?
Things To Remember:
Disclaimer: The Custom ROM’s, Firmware, Software, Applications, Mods and any other tools shared/mentioned in this article belongs to their respective developers. Neither our team nor the developers are responsible to any losses that occur to your device while installation. So, you are suggested to continue with the tutorial at your own risk. Think before you act.
Warning: Make sure that you double check the model name/number we mention in the article. Attempting to install the firmware on any other model may brick the OS.
To install Custom ROM’s the device must posses custom recovery like ClockworkMod installed in it. If you are not familiar with installation process of CWM recovery, consider googling up the topic to find a tutorial.
Step 1: Download C-ROM Android 4.4.3 Kitkat Package from downloads section to your PC.
Step 2: Download Google Apps from the download section to your PC.
Step 3: Connect the Galaxy Note N7000 to the PC using USB cable and transfer the C-ROM package and Google Apps package into the SD card of the phone. Make sure that you copy it to the root folder of SD card.
Step 4: Enter the recovery mode on the Galaxy Note following the below steps:
- Turn off the device and wait until the display goes off.
- Press and hold together Volume Up+Home+Power buttons.
Step 5: Once the phone enters the Recovery mode, you can find a list of installation and data wipe options. Among them choose wipe data/factory reset. You should use power button to choose and volume buttons to navigate in recovery mode.
Step 6: Perform a complete cache wipe on your Galaxy Note by choosing wipe cache partition.
Step 7: Its time to enter the advanced options of ClockWorkMod recovery. Select the advanced options and choose wipe dalvik cache.
Step 8: Once you complete all the above steps successfully, you can continue with the installation. Choose +++++Go Back+++++ and choose install zip from SD card
Step 9: Now select choose zip from SD card and using volume buttons for navigation and power button to select, choose the previously copied C-ROM Android 4.4.3 Kitkat installation package from SD card.
Step 10: Confirm the installation on the next screen and it starts flashing the firmware on Galaxy Note.
Step 11: The process of installation takes some time. Follow the same process for the installation of the Google apps package. After completion, select +++++Go Back+++++ and reboot the device by selecting “reboot system now” from the recovery menu. The device takes sometime for the first time reboot.
That’s all! You’ve successfully installed Android 4.4.3 Kitkat custom firmware on Samsung Galaxy Note N7000. To check whether the Android firmware is updated, go to Settings>>About Phone, there you can find the firmware version as Kitkat 4.4.3.
If you face any problems during installation, feel free to drop your words in the comments section. We will be glad to help you.