Now you can update Samsung galaxy S duos 2 S7582 with Android 4.2.2 JellyBean official firmware. Indian users recently received the update to DDUAND1 Android 4.2.2 Jellybean. The update isn’t going to add any interesting features to Galaxy S Duos 2 instead it fixes few major and minor software bugs.
Here we have provided the complete tutorial to guide you how to install Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean on Galaxy S Duos 2 S7582. If you are ready to update your device, continue with the prerequisites provided below.
Samsung USB Drivers
The phone is to be connected with PC. For the PC to detect your phone, you should install Samsung USB drivers. If you have already installed them, ignore this message. Else, go through the below link to download Samsung USB Drivers.
Backup Important Data
It is an interesting that you are done with installation of USB drivers. We know, it is mandatory to make a backup of important data on phone before we root/install ROMs. It may be an official or unofficial update, if anything goes wrong while installation, it wipes the entire data. So, backup is recommended while updating an Android phone. If you are not sure about what to backup and how to backup? take a look below:
- Backup Apps, Wanna know how? Check this >> How To Backup Android Apps ?
- Backup SMS Messages, Wanna know how? Make use of SMS Backup & Restore App
- Backup Contacts, Mail data, Google Data, Wanna know how?, Just sync them with Google Sync.
- Backup Call Logs, Wanna know how? Make use of Call Logs Backup & Restore Android App
- Backup phone settings like Access Points, GPRS Settings, Connectivity Settings. Wanna know how? Note them on a paper or something.
Few More Prerequisites
- You have already installed USB drivers on your computer. Even though if your phone fails to detect the PC, make sure that whether you have enabled USB debugging on your Android phone. The path to enable it varies for different versions of Android operating systems like Jelly Bean, Ice Cream Sandwich, Gingerbread.
- Double check your device model before you get started with the installation. If you install non compatible ROM on your phone, it may brick the operating system. So, make sure that your phone model matches with the model we mention in the article.
- Make sure the phone’s battery is at least 75% full to ensure that it should not run out of battery while installing the ROM.
- Download all the required files listed in the downloads section and keep them in a folder to be handy for you.
If you have completed all the above steps, you can now continue with installation process which is a bit typical. Make sure that complete every step in an orderly manner.
How To Update Samsung Galaxy S Duos 2 S7582 With Android 4.2.2 Official Firmware?
Things to remember
Disclaimer: The Custom ROM’s, Firmware, Software, Applications, Mods and any other tools shared/mentioned in this article belongs to their respective developers. Neither our team nor the developers are responsible to any losses that occur to your device while installation. So, you are suggested to continue with the tutorial at your own risk.
Warning: Make sure that you double check the model name/number we mention in the article. Attempting to use the firmware on any other model may brick the OS. So, think before you act.
We have provided detailed step-by-step process to update your device with new official firmware. In the tutorial, we should use ODIN computer application to install firmware on phone. If you are familiar with firmware installation using ODIN, the below tutorial would be easy for you. If you are not familiar with it, follow the below steps carefully. Read the tutorial completely before you apply it on your device.
Step 1: Download the Android 4.2.2 S7582 DDUAND1 package from the downloads section and unzip the package on your computer.
Step 2: Download ODIN V3.09 tool from the downloads section which lets us install firmware on Samsung Galaxy S Duos 2 S7582.
Step 3: Turn off your device and enter the OS download mode by pressing and holding Home+Power+Volume Down Buttons. Press the power button again to conform entering into download mode.
Step 4: Once the phone enters the download mode, launch ODIN on computer and connect the phone to PC using a USB cable. If the connection is successful, you can see one of the ID:COM section turns Yellow/Green.
Step 5: You have to choose the firmware files to be flashed on the phone. Follow the below steps to choose them:
Click on AP/PDA and choose the file with word CODE in its name.
Click on Phone and choose the file with word MODEM in its name. If you didn’t find any such file, ignore this step.
Click on CSC and choose the file with word CSC in its name.
Click on PIT and choose the .pit file. If you didn’t find any such file, ignore this step.
Step 6: In the ODIN interface, make sure you check Auto Reboot and F:Reset options. Also check Re-Partition option if you choose PIT file from the package.
Step 7: Once you are done, click Start button in the ODIN. The ODIN starts flashing the firmware on the phone which takes some time.
Step 8: After few minutes, the installation completes rebooting the phone. Once the home screen appears, you can unplug the device from the USB.
That’s all. You have updated Samsung Galaxy S Duos 2 S7582 With Android 4.2.2 Official DDUAND1 firmware. To check whether the Android firmware is updated, go to Settings>>About Phone, there you can find the firmware version as JellyBean 4.2.2.
If you face any problems during installation, feel free to drop your words in the comments section. We will be glad to help you.